Every day we wake up and have a choice! God gives us Freewill whether we will choose to start the day with him or not. Our choice!
I continue to be reminded with a fresh outlook on getting into his Word and allowing God to speak to me that my day is much, much better. I am more focused and the daily discipline of looking at scripture, keeps my thoughts more aligned with God throughout the day.
Here’s a few quick tips to help:
1. Pick the time and place in advance where you will read your devotion and allow Gods Word to speak to you. Even if you start with 5 minutes and do it consistently you can build great habits.
2. There will be things and people that will try to distract you and get you off the path. There is an enemy named Satan and he wants to steal, kill and destroy your life. If he can throw curve balls at you and you swing, he’s got your eyes off the main pitch.
3. If you miss a day, pick it back up the next day. Don’t beat yourself up and just quit, keep fighting the good fight! Gods grace is sufficient for you and he loves you too much to give up on you.
Tell your friends and family about your journey with Jesus, you just might inspire them to start doing the same thing! God is so good, all the time!
Paul was in prison. He had been beaten. He was not treated well and had to be physically exhausted.
Perspective. Paul had it. He reminds all of us that our view of our circumstances can rely on our mindset and perspective.
The Holy Spirit of God filled him and used him as a major vessel and carried the gospel in prison. So much that he went to the house of another jailer and shared his faith in Jesus to the jailers house and the scripture said they were all saved!
He found the secret. The secret in the power of Christ. He is our only one true hope! Praise his name!
Have a great day and ask the Lord to help you with whatever you are struggling with today!
We are not guaranteed tomorrow! Enjoy this day as a gift from God and his beauty all around you. Find 3 things to be thankful for. I’ve always tried to do that when I want to get too far ahead of God and do it myself and operate in my limited strength instead of Gods amazing power!
Our life is a mist….the Bible reminds us……here for a little while (in terms of eternity) and then gone….God wants us to make our time count when we are here! Lord Jesus help us serve you with our actions and our words!
God gives is the definition of Sin here- “if anyone knows the good they ought to do and doesn’t do it, it is sin for them”. Ouch. That’s kinda close to home. Once God reveals himself and what he wants us to do it’s up to us to act and move….
I’m sure glad God is in control of my life and I will give him full surrender every day!!
When God allows us to go through seasons that aren’t particularly pleasant…we always wonder why. Searching, reasoning, forecasting our future, talking it out with a best friend..still we are not sure. Rest assured God is in control and wants to help you through seasons of wilderness that may seem to last for an eternity.
Here are 3 tools that have always helped me push through times like these:
1. Prayer– talking to our Heavenly Father first about the concerns of our heart is our first step . We need to “get it all out” with him first before going to anyone else. True confession and crying out to Him will begin to align our heart with the heart of God.
But in my distress I cried out to the lord;yes, I prayed to my God for help.He heard me from his sanctuary;my cry to him reached his ears. Psalm 18:6 (NLT)
2. People – spending time with friends face to face does good for the soul. God puts friends in our lives to encourage us and give us hope to see our situation through a different set of eyes. In a culture that bends our perception of friendship as a ‘friend’ on Facebook, a ‘favorite on Twitter, or a ‘like’ on Instagram, we need more than that. God uses others to give us Victory over our struggles.
“The heartfelt counsel of a friend is as sweet as perfume and incense.” Proverbs 27:9
3. Scripture – reading the promises of God that he has for you will change the way you are viewing your current situation. When we fill our minds and souls with God’s truth, it gives us an eternal perspective of our lives. God’s Word gives us hope that what we are walking through now has a “reason and a purpose” in it.
“Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it.Then you will be prosperous and successful.“ Joshua 1:8
God loves you and has an amazing plan for your life. The season in your life will not last forever, no season ever does. Allow God to shape you and mold you into the person he wants you to become!!
God is looking for ordinary people to do his Extra-ordinary Work. He doesn’t need flash or super educated people to display what he wants to do in others lives, he just wants someone with a willing and obedient heart.
In Acts 4:13 tells us that the priests and the other leaders “took note” at something they saw. They heard two guys names Peter and John telling them that “salvation is found in no one else but the name of Jesus Christ”. How dare they be so bold to say this to them? How could they? They were filled with the Holy Spirit as they spoke with boldness and clarity.
When the leaders “saw the courage” of Peter and John it caught their attention. They realized that these guys did not go to school to be able to talk like this. They knew one thing. They “had been with Jesus”. Oh yea. That changes things…a lot.
When we spend time with Jesus, people take note and notice something different about us. When we get into the presence of the Holy One who created us we are transformed by his Glory. He does something inside us that is reflective on the outside also.
Go spend some time with Jesus….and see what happens!!
We had an amazing Community Group last night at church. We had great fellowship, good teaching and really good, heartfelt discussion. We have a group of people that are from a diverse background and have come together for one purpose: To know God better and to get to know others better. Pretty Simple. It works.
Part of the story I didn’t tell you about was the classroom was met in was pretty dis-organized a month ago. Chairs everywhere, books on the floor, old pizza dried up on the wall (ok, maybe a drastic example). We had a vision and a goal. We set up the chairs in a circle. Bought a TV & DVD player and put a clock on the wall. Put in a table for snacks and we were ready to go!! We simply created an environment where God could move and peoples lives could be changed. Its already happening!!
Today we are cleaning out areas where in about 10 days we will have people get prepared to get baptized. It’s exciting! More Life transformation is getting ready to take place, and all we do is create the environment where God can move and lives are changed. It’s the simple steps of faith that God wants us to take!!